No Windows Vista (Build 5308) access to Linkstation's protected shares

  • gonzo_t_durden
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 19, 2006

      anyone succeded in accessing protected shares using Windows Vista?

      There was a samba "bug" when accessing from Vista:
      Seems to be fixed in 3.0.20
      http://us4.samba.org/samba/history/samba-3.0.20.html

      On my LS the Samba Version is 2.2.8a-ja-1.1. Did anyone update, some
      hints?

      Thx
      Gonzo
    • vbulldog237
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 19, 2006
        The real question is how can i get windows Vista ..... sorry i havent
        seen anyone on any forums talking about it

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "gonzo_t_durden"

      • larryjadams@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 19, 2006
          It's around.  I have a copy.

          TheWitness

          From: "vbulldog237" <Razor237@...>
          Hi,

          <lars.klapp@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > anyone succeded in accessing protected shares using Windows Vista?
          >
          > There was a samba "bug" when accessing from Vista:
          > Seems to be fixed in 3.0.20
          > http://us4.samba.org/samba/history/samba-3.0.20.html
          >
          > On my LS the Samba Version is 2.2.8a-ja-1.1. Did anyone update,
          some
          > hints?
          >
          > Thx
          > Gonzo

        • calvinlsc
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 19, 2006
            <lars.klapp@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > anyone succeded in accessing protected shares using Windows Vista?
            >
            > There was a samba "bug" when accessing from Vista:
            > Seems to be fixed in 3.0.20
            > http://us4.samba.org/samba/history/samba-3.0.20.html
            >
            > On my LS the Samba Version is 2.2.8a-ja-1.1. Did anyone update, some
            > hints?
            >
            > Thx
            > Gonzo

            Do you mean you want to update samba? I did this for my LS2.
          • gonzo_t_durden
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 20, 2006
              Yes, I'm interested in, what are your experiences? Do you have a
              documentation?

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 21, 2006
                <lars.klapp@...> wrote:

                > Yes, I'm interested in, what are your experiences? Do you have a
                > documentation?
                >
                > Thx
                > Gonzo

                I noted down the steps in my wiki. However, I've just switched my LS2
                to Debian very recently, I need some time to re-establish a web server
                and my wiki and then retrive the article.

                I can get samba to run successfully, except for some complains in
                log.smbd about null password, etc.
              • gonzo_t_durden
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 12, 2006

                  played with RC1 and couldn't connect either. Searched linkstation
                  wiki forum and found:
                  http://www.scalefree.info/2006/09/vista_and_buffalo_terastation.html

                  "Just a note in case anyone else runs into this problem.

                  If you want to connect to a share on a Buffalo Terastation (which
                  seems to be using Samba) from a Windows Vista installation, you need
                  to do the following:
                  Run the Local Security Policy app - secpol.msc
                  Go to Local Policies | Security Options and choose the "Network
                  Security: LAN Manager Authentican Level" item
                  Set it to "Send LM & NLTM, use NTMLv2 session if negotiated"

                  And that should sort you out."

                  (Works also with Linkstation)

                  Have fun
                  Gonzo