Lost Ability to Telnet to Linkstation HD-H250LAN 1.44

  • turboslimdevice
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2006
      I was in the process of following Marc Field's script for modifying
      my LinkStation HD-H250LAN with firmware version 1.44 and have lost
      the ablility to telnet to it. I had (or so I thought) edited the
      passwd file to add the regular user password to the root entry
      password, but when I tried it, I now get the following:

      telnetd: getpty: Permission denied
      .

      Connection to host lost.

      Any thoughts on what to do to fix the problem? I have a backup of
      the passwd file on the shared drive, but without telnet ability, how
      do I get it to /etc? Alternatively, can I just re-flash the
      firmware and start over or will I loose all my files? Is this
      works, is 1.44 or 1.45 available any where?

      Thanks for the help.

      Sam