I have a LS 250GB and i wana do some tweaks wid it

  • thuggest_1
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10, 2006
      I got a bunch of stuff off da site called
      http://www.linkstationwiki.org and i have no idea what they are for,
      could some1 plz tell me what they r 4 and if i use them will i loose my
      files on my LS: mipsel-drobear
      mipsel-mt-daapd
      mipsel screen
      mipsel slimserver
      mipsel smartmontools

      Also, i would like 2 know what is tha advantage of th 2.06 firmware
      over the 2.05 and if the Japaness version 2.22 would have english in
      it. Plz let me know any1 thx
    • lalunas10
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 11, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "thuggest_1" <thuggest_1@...> wrote:

        > I got a bunch of stuff off da site called
        > http://www.linkstationwiki.org and i have no idea what they are for,
        > could some1 plz tell me what they r 4 and if i use them will i loose my
        > files on my LS: mipsel-drobear

        SSH (secure login; highly recommended over Telnet)

        > mipsel-mt-daapd

        iTunes music server

        > mipsel screen

        "Vrtual terminals"

        > mipsel slimserver

        media server, useful with compatible hardware

        > mipsel smartmontools

        Hard drive health monitoring (recommended)

        > Also, i would like 2 know what is tha advantage of th 2.06 firmware
        > over the 2.05

        Can't help you with this one...

        > and if the Japaness version 2.22 would have english in
        > it.

        I doubt it, it's the Japanese version ;)

        -Andre
      • Skrachi
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 14, 2006
          thx, in the instructions for installing pcast, it said you should copy the
          file downloaded into the rootfile......where is the root file
          Sent from the Buffalo LinkStation forum at Nabble.com.
        • lalunas10
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 14, 2006
            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Skrachi <lists@...> wrote:

            > thx, in the instructions for installing pcast, it said you should copy the
            > file downloaded into the rootfile......where is the root file

            I guess you mean the root of the filesystem (or top level of the hierarchy), "/"

            -Andre