Re: [LinkStation_General] New Linkstation owner with some questions ....

  • Wilson
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2004
      --- "-/\\-" <lifeisfuneh@...> wrote:

      > If I select the sleep from - to is there any way
      > to wake up the LS
      > remotely ?

      No, if it sleeps from the web menu, it really sleeps
      (having the whole thing shut down..you need to press
      the button to wake it up externally or wait until the
      time to wake you set.

      > Does the HD spin down after certain time of
      > inactivity as in regular PC ?
      > If so what are the settings ?

      There's a script /etc/init.d/hdparm for it to set it
      spin down after 241 seconds, you can change it if you
      want...either disable the script or change the time.

      Wilson

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
    • -/\-
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2004
        Thanks for prompt reply to part of my questions !
        Any particular reason why 241s ? :) Thanks !

        "Wilson" <sonsondei@...> wrote in
        message news:20041207230515.70281.qmail@......