Re: Scanner on Print Server?

  • lalunas10
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "RWM" <mcprof@...> wrote:

      > Hey gang,
      >
      > Hoping to get some more help with my LinkStation HD-H250LAN.
      >
      > I wanted to attach a all-in-one printer, scanner and copier to the LinkStation. My
      question
      > is...will I be able to scan something to the LinkStation using either one of my laptops?

      It works fine with an HP PSC-1100 here. I'm on Freelink 1.11 from <http://
      linkstationwiki.org>, with cupsys, sane, hplip, foomatic-db-hpijs, hpijs, and hplip
      installed, and the "printer" kernel module deactivated. To scan things to the share "/mnt/
      share", I run the following script (on my *X client, not the LS1):

      #!/bin/sh
      ssh linkstation "scanimage --format tiff --mode Color --resolution 600 > /mnt/share/
      scan.tiff"

      HTH,

      -Andre