Fan Noise

  • tcgb85
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2006
      Any suggestion for a noisy fan? My wisper quiet fan roars like a
      lion. I have e-mail tech support and have recieved no response.
    • j_n_swanson
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "tcgb85" <tcgb85@...> wrote:

        > Any suggestion for a noisy fan? My wisper quiet fan roars like a
        > lion. I have e-mail tech support and have recieved no response.

        I have the same problem. Tech support tell me, "The Linkstation does
        have a silent internal fan. If your unit is distinctly audible, then
        there is an internal hardware fault and the unit needs to be replaced."
        I somhow feel if I go through getting it replaced it will be much the
        same. Is the fan temperature controlled? Mine seems to run at the
        same speed all the time.
      • wheely30km
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2006
          One of the quietests fans are the Papst :
          http://www.papst.de
          select english language, then click on "Computers and office
          Technology", and then "IT Hardware".
          You should find a replacement fan.
          Note the reference, and find an online shop to order it.

          When I have time I'll also do the mod' :-)
        • Christopher Eykamp
          Message 4 of 4 , May 17, 2006
            Lubricating the fan with a drop of oil fixed the problem for me.  You'll need to open the case, and perhaps remove a sticker on the fan to do this, if I recall correctly.

            Chris