TwonkyMusic on Linkstation 2.05 Help!!

  • roundajr2579
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3 10:30 AM

      I have a linkstation with firmware 2.05 and I would love to get this
      working as a media server for music only using TwonkyMusic.I have
      installed the patch which allows me access the linkstation via
      telnet, but every time I run the NASSetup from Twonky nothing seems
      to work.

      I enter the IP Address of the linkstation and where the scripts seems
      to be creating the folders such as "mkdir /mnt/share/twonkyvision" it
      suggest "cannont create directory"? Can anyone let me know what I am
      doing wrong?

      I have also tried to follow the instructions on how to manually set
      up Twonky using the .ini file created in Crimson Editor. But when it
      comes to the part to copy the files to the folder using telnet, the
      session reads: "cp: cannot stat '/mnt/hda/share/mediaserver': No such
      file or directory"

      Can anyone help???

      Thanks

      Andy
    • risimmonsuk
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5 6:43 AM
        I think the problem may be that the NASSetup appears to be trying to
        create directories for a Linkstation1, not a LinkstationII, which has
        a subtly different directory structure.

        The manual approach is probably not working because the scripts refer
        to an executable called 'mediaserver'. unfortunately the executable
        supplied by Twonky isn't called mediaserver, it's called twonkymedia
        (or something similar, I can't remember exactly). You have 2 options
        - rename the executable to mediaserver, or alter the script to refer
        to the name of the executable you have. Assuming you've followed all
        the other instructions about placing the files in the correct places
        and altering their attributes, this should work.

        HTH

        Richard

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "roundajr2579"