Crippled Linkstation Browser Config Access

  • msandover
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2006
      Tried installing Slimserver on my LinkstationII with Openlink
      carefully following the advice from Marc Field. Haven't managed to
      make it work and I broke something. I'm unable to get into the box
      via Buffalo's web browser interface; just get a pink screen in the
      browser with a message about a URL and cgi-bin and top.

      I noticed during the tar of Perl 5.8.5 that all the files go into a
      directory structure quite different from that mentioned in Field's
      article thus the structures in his note about doing ln -s to allow
      Slimserver to find Perl are wrong for the files I used. I tried to
      second-guess what was necessary and I believe I broke the browser
      interface. Everything else continues to work ok: file structure
      visible in Windows, can telnet into the box as root.

      Just can't configure the device anymore or add any new shares via the
      browser interface.

      Will I be able to reflash the box with Buffalo's own 2.05 and start
      over or have I semi-bricked the thing?