Re: Is MIPS linkstation 250GB fast enough for slimserver?

  • jcslack
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2006
      I've got a 160 GB MIPS Linkstation with reflashed firmware hosting
      slimserver just fine over 11 Mbps wifi... Once the slim server is done
      scanning I never get dropout, even when doing large file transfers
      over the network to the linkstation. I will say that the Linkstation
      is underpowered for processor intensive things like serving up
      graphics. So if album art and using the web interface are important to
      you, you may want to go with turning an old PC into a server.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "abadines" <abadines@...>

    • larryjadams@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 23, 2006
        I was able to improve throughput by hacking a binary from Buffalo. That hack allows Samba to work much more efficiently. The problem is with their Samba client. It does not currently support a dynamic window size. This makes file transfers a bit choppy.

        TheWitness

        From: "jcslack" <jcslack@...>