Re: LINK/ACT always blinking

  • calvinlsc
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 16, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Ewald Muessig" <ewald@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi, the LINK/ACT LED on my Gigabit HG300 is always blinking, but I
      > don't know who/what is accessing the stattion.
      >
      > Any way to find out what's going on?
      >
      > thanks!
      > emuessig

      Can you telnet/SSH in your LS?

      try a 'netstat -an' to see which your LS is connecting to which IP.
      A 'top' will show which application occupies CPU time.
    • Ewald Müssig
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 16, 2006
        Hi,

        no, I don't have telnet/ssh access.

        Ewal

        > Hi, the LINK/ACT LED on my Gigabit HG300 is always blinking, but I
        > don't know who/what is accessing the stattion.
        >
        > Any way to find out what's going on?
        >
        > thanks!
        > emuessig

        Can you telnet/SSH in your LS?

        try a 'netstat -an' to see which your LS is connecting to which IP.
        A 'top' will show which application occupies CPU time.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • calvinlsc
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 16, 2006
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Ewald Müssig <ewald@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > no, I don't have telnet/ssh access.
          >
          > Ewal

          Find it out from the router log then.
        • Ewald Müssig
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 17, 2006
            Hi

            thanks for your help, but how do I access the log files? I cannot find a
            menu option or so...

            Ewald

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 17, 2006
              wrote:

              > Hi
              >
              > thanks for your help, but how do I access the log files? I cannot find a
              > menu option or so...
              >
              > Ewald

              Refer to your router manual.

              However, the easist way is to flash the LS with openlink which fits
              your architecture. It does you no harm, but you gain SSH/telnet access.