Problem with HD160 and mipsel-openlink-052, I pressed the red init button

  • Jason Thorpe
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 2006
      Now i cant login, will reflashing mipsel-openlink-052b reset the
      password again?
    • calvinlsc
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Thorpe"
        <jthorpe4@...> wrote:

        > Now i cant login, will reflashing mipsel-openlink-052b reset the
        > password again?

        Reflashing it will surely reset the password.

        However, pressing the red init button should just reset the LS to
        factory default. Try the default username and password, if you are
        sure you can connect to the LS.

        In which account you can't login? The web-config, or telnet?

        How did you press the button? Just press once for less than a second,
        or hold for 30 seconds, or others?
      • Jason Thorpe
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 14, 2006
          I didnt hold it down for 30 seconds but I'm sure its done a factory
          reset, I can connect via the webpage, i can see my files. I can
          also telnet and ssh. I just cant login anymore :( Just access
          denied. also the webpage passwords was reset to blank.

          I'll try reflashing once I've finished backing up my files

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "calvinlsc"

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 14, 2006
            Reflashing worked!!
            Cheers