  • Brett Park
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2006
      -----Original Message-----
      From: LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com]
      Sent: 10 February 2006 09:14
      To: LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [LinkStation_General] Digest Number 508

      There are 4 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. telnet on HD-H250LAN [newbie]
      From: "Ram [TK]" <tkrmr@...>
      2. Re: telnet on HD-H250LAN [newbie]
      From: "calvinlsc" <calvinlsc@...>
      3. Re: telnet on HD-H250LAN [newbie]
      From: "Ram [TK]" <tkrmr@...>
      4. Re: telnet on HD-H250LAN [newbie]
      From: "calvinlsc" <calvinlsc@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 19:21:32 -0000
      From: "Ram [TK]" <tkrmr@...>
      Subject: telnet on HD-H250LAN [newbie]

      Hi
      Just recieved a brand new HD-H250LAN with 2.05 firmware.
      I want to install NFS and have it available for other Linux boxes.
      To do that I need telnet. Browsing the archives, it seems like I will have
      to use one of the "un-official" firmware to get telnet.
      Most of the articles talked about doing that when you are on 1.4x firmware.
      Is it still the same for 2.05 firmware as well?

      Thanks
      tk

      Message: 2
      Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 03:54:22 -0000
      From: "calvinlsc" <calvinlsc@...>
      Subject: Re: telnet on HD-H250LAN [newbie]

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Ram [TK]" <tkrmr@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      > Just recieved a brand new HD-H250LAN with 2.05 firmware.
      > I want to install NFS and have it available for other Linux boxes.
      > To do that I need telnet. Browsing the archives, it seems like I will
      > have to use one of the "un-official" firmware to get telnet.
      > Most of the articles talked about doing that when you are on 1.4x
      > firmware. Is it still the same for 2.05 firmware as well?
      >
      > Thanks
      > tk

      Download the OpenLink firmware from linkstationwiki.org, and follow the
      instructions inside the archive.

      Or if you want to replace the box with Debian, download Freelink from the
      same site. Read the forum there to learn how to get it done.

      Message: 3
      Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 08:34:38 -0000
      From: "Ram [TK]" <tkrmr@...>

      Thanks for the reply. The wiki said that the openlink is always built on the
      "latest" official release of the firmware and yet all the docs says that its
      built on 1.4x or 1.5x. Looks like what if there are features between that
      2.x that is currently running on the new ones, then you dont get the
      features.

      Does anyone have openlink compiled against 2.05, the latest firmware.

      Once again, thanks for your comment.

      tk

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "calvinlsc"
      <calvinlsc@...> wrote:

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Ram [TK]" <tkrmr@>
      wrote:

      > > Hi
      > > Just recieved a brand new HD-H250LAN with 2.05 firmware.
      > > I want to install NFS and have it available for other Linux
      boxes.
      > > To do that I need telnet. Browsing the archives, it seems like I
      > > will have to use one of the "un-official" firmware to get
      telnet.
      > > Most of the articles talked about doing that when you are on
      1.4x
      > > firmware. Is it still the same for 2.05 firmware as well?
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > tk
      > >

      > Download the OpenLink firmware from linkstationwiki.org, and follow
      > the instructions inside the archive.
      >
      > Or if you want to replace the box with Debian, download Freelink
      from
      > the same site. Read the forum there to learn how to get it done.

      Message: 4
      Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:11:08 -0000
      From: "calvinlsc" <calvinlsc@...>

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Ram [TK]" <tkrmr@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the reply. The wiki said that the openlink is always built
      > on the "latest" official release of the firmware and yet all the docs
      > says that its built on 1.4x or 1.5x. Looks like what if there are
      > features between that 2.x that is currently running on the new ones,
      > then you dont get the features.
      >
      > Does anyone have openlink compiled against 2.05, the latest firmware.
      >
      > Once again, thanks for your comment.
      >

      > tk

      Firmware for LS1 is always named like 1.x Firmware for LS2 is always named
      like 2.x

      So, depends on which LS version you got, you need to download the right one.

      For your information, Buffalo has released new firmware not long ago, and
      openlink has not been updated for some time. So you may find that openlink
      is not built with the latest firmware.