Re: Just got a 250Gb LS - What should I install?

  • neilhump3
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "calvinlsc"
      <calvinlsc@...> wrote:

      > > Could somebody possibly explain in easy terms how to get cTorrent
      on
      > > my LS please?
      > >

      > There's a transmissioncli in the file section. You can give it a try
      > with transmission replacing ctorrent.

      Thanks for the quick reply Calvin, can you give me step by step
      instructions on how to install it?
      Do I need to have freelink or openlink installed first?
    • calvinlsc
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 8, 2006
        > Thanks for the quick reply Calvin, can you give me step by step
        > instructions on how to install it?
        > Do I need to have freelink or openlink installed first?

        Sure you will need the Openlink first. You will find a guide in the
        openlink package to tell you how to flash it, and how to telnet/SSH in
        your box.

        Then install the development tools from linkstationwiki.org. You can
        find a step-by-step guide within the downloaded file.

        At this moment, there are two choices. For the transmission, I think
        you can simply download it and then extract it to /usr/bin. I haven't
        tried this method. Instead, I download and compile ctorrent myself.