Re: Just got a 250Gb LS - What should I install?

  • calvinlsc
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2006
      > Could somebody possibly explain in easy terms how to get cTorrent on
      > my LS please?

      There's a transmissioncli in the file section. You can give it a try
      with transmission replacing ctorrent.
    • neilhump3
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 8, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "calvinlsc"
        <calvinlsc@...> wrote:

        > > Could somebody possibly explain in easy terms how to get cTorrent
        on
        > > my LS please?
        > >

        > There's a transmissioncli in the file section. You can give it a try
        > with transmission replacing ctorrent.

        Thanks for the quick reply Calvin, can you give me step by step
        instructions on how to install it?
        Do I need to have freelink or openlink installed first?
      • calvinlsc
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 8, 2006
          > Thanks for the quick reply Calvin, can you give me step by step
          > instructions on how to install it?
          > Do I need to have freelink or openlink installed first?

          Sure you will need the Openlink first. You will find a guide in the
          openlink package to tell you how to flash it, and how to telnet/SSH in
          your box.

          Then install the development tools from linkstationwiki.org. You can
          find a step-by-step guide within the downloaded file.

          At this moment, there are two choices. For the transmission, I think
          you can simply download it and then extract it to /usr/bin. I haven't
          tried this method. Instead, I download and compile ctorrent myself.