Re: Success with Source Code Control install (Perforce)

  • mphoust2
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2004
      Ok, I got root access like your note on Roku Forums explained.

      Now, I need to get 'su' so I can start the daemon with the right user.
      I thought about using cron to check to see if the process is running
      or not and starting, but that seems like a pain.

      Any suggestions on how to get 'su'? How are you extracting them from
      the Yellowdog .rpm files? I turned off my other Linux machine, so I
      won't be able to run rpm2cpio easily (can be re-started if needed).

      No big hurry.

      Thanks again for your help.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Derek Taubert