Re: LSI /Openlink .051b

  • morituri64
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2, 2006
      <lalunas10@...> wrote:

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "morituri64"
      <morituri32@> wrote:
      > [...]
      > > > Again: Recreate your shares w/ the web interface.
      > > >
      > > > PS: etc/hosts is not /etc/hosts
      > [...]
      > > Nope, can't recreate the shares as that will lose all the data and
      >
      > Nope -- unless you delete any share from in the web interface!
      >
      > To be on the safe side, you could make a backup copy before
      attempting. E.g., given a
      > share "/mnt/important" (a typical LS 1 path) you would issue a "cp
      -a /mnt/important /
      > mnt/important.BACKUP". A typical LS 2 path would look like
      /mnt/hda/important I guess.

      > > yes, I know about absolute paths in unix, I mean /etc/hosts. And it is
      > > on a static IP.
      > >
      > > I am more concerned about the smb.conf file, if the chkshares process
      > > isn't running properly and passing the details to the smb.conf file.
      >
      > It's up to you to fill it... And it's much easier using the web
      interface, the #1 advantage of
      > OpenLink over Freelink.
      >
      > -Andre

      Apologies, no idea what you mean, "it's up to me to fill it" the
      chkshares job, runs and populates the smb.conf file.

      How should it work?
    • lalunas10
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "morituri64" <morituri32@...> wrote:

        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "lalunas10"
        > <lalunas10@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "morituri64"
        > <morituri32@> wrote:
        > > [...]
        > > [...]
        > > > Nope, can't recreate the shares as that will lose all the data and
        > >
        > > Nope -- unless you delete any share from in the web interface!
        > >
        > > To be on the safe side, you could make a backup copy before
        > attempting. E.g., given a
        > > share "/mnt/important" (a typical LS 1 path) you would issue a "cp
        > -a /mnt/important /
        > > mnt/important.BACKUP". A typical LS 2 path would look like
        > /mnt/hda/important I guess.
        > >
        > > > yes, I know about absolute paths in unix, I mean /etc/hosts. And it is
        > > > on a static IP.
        > > >
        > > > I am more concerned about the smb.conf file, if the chkshares process
        > > > isn't running properly and passing the details to the smb.conf file.
        > >
        > > It's up to you to fill it... And it's much easier using the web
        > interface, the #1 advantage of
        > > OpenLink over Freelink.
        > >
        > > -Andre
        > >
        > Apologies, no idea what you mean, "it's up to me to fill it" the
        > chkshares job, runs and populates the smb.conf file.

        What I'm trying to say is: Create shares, reboot, see if it works :)

        > How should it work?

        IIRC from a CGI script/the web interface, but I'm not sure since I'm on Freelink. In the
        worst case, you could re-flash.

        I hope this helps!

        -Andre