USB Printer doesn't wake up on first print job

  • gabriel_ting
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006

      I have a Linkstation HD-H160 running on 1.44 firmware. I have
      installed a Brother HL 2040 USB printer on the Linkstation. My
      problem is that if the printer is in sleep mode, the first print job I
      send to the Linkstation printer does not go through. The second print
      job does get printed, as does every subsequent print job while the
      printer is awake. Then if the printer goes to sleep again, the first
      print job I send once again doesn't get printed. I have to repeat the
      procedure again.

      When I connected the printer directly to my PC, there were no problems
      with printing while the printer was asleep.

      Any help you can provide would be great.

      Thanks.

      Gabriel