Autofan for LSII
- Hi all,
I noticed that in the files section there are now modified AUTOFAN
scripts available for the LSII (MIPSEL). I'd like to give them a try
on my LSII running Openlink 0.51b.
Would be great if somebody could provide me with some answers to the
1. Do I need additional tools?
2. Can I use the provided LSI install script or is it for PPC's only?
3. Could somebody share some experiences?
So far I've carried out the following steps to silence the LSII:
1. Replaced the original fan with a SILENXX
2. Removed the fan covering on the back (biggest effect!)
3. Plugged the rubber holders which comes with the fan into the
holes of the LSII base plate
Results? Quite impressive: When running in 'FAN-HI' mode the device
now produces only as much noice as it produced running in 'FAN-
SILENCE' mode prior to the modifications!!