Autofan for LSII

  • dielorenzos
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2006
      Hi all,

      I noticed that in the files section there are now modified AUTOFAN
      scripts available for the LSII (MIPSEL). I'd like to give them a try
      on my LSII running Openlink 0.51b.
      Would be great if somebody could provide me with some answers to the
      following questions:

      1. Do I need additional tools?
      2. Can I use the provided LSI install script or is it for PPC's only?
      3. Could somebody share some experiences?

      So far I've carried out the following steps to silence the LSII:

      1. Replaced the original fan with a SILENXX
      2. Removed the fan covering on the back (biggest effect!)
      3. Plugged the rubber holders which comes with the fan into the
      holes of the LSII base plate

      Results? Quite impressive: When running in 'FAN-HI' mode the device
      now produces only as much noice as it produced running in 'FAN-
      SILENCE' mode prior to the modifications!!