Gigabit Link Station

  • novakbrian
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2006
      Ok, I have read and read and read about this but I just can't seem to
      figure it out. I bought a Buffalo 250GB gigbit linkstation and was
      hoping to use it as a media server (in fact Buffalo tech support told
      me it was possilbe). I bought a Dlink DSM-320 and was hoping the
      PCast on the linkstation would be picked up by the DSM-320 as a media
      server, but it was not. So I have read that you can manipulate the
      software on the linkstation to make it able to stream media as a media
      server. Can someone please explain this to me becuase I for one do
      not speak Linux and have no idea how to do it? My NAS drive is
      firmware 1.42 (I read the firmware 1.xx is a differnt device than
      2.xx). I am looking for more of a step by step procedure in dumb dumb
      steps for me. Can someone please help me? thanks