Re: NFS and HDD Spindown on Linkstation

  • ja1uyn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Lars" <vonwedel@w...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I'm interested in a linkstation but would favor to have NFS filesystem
      > and HDD spindown after some idle timeout.
      >
      > Has someone made experiences with e.g. Openlink to realize these
      features?

      > Lars

      Hi,

      I'm using LS HD-HGLAN 250 and tried NFS on Openlink 0.52b first, but I
      didn't succeed. So I switched to FreeLink 1.11 where I had to compile
      a kernel and its modules first, to get NFS run.
      Currently I'm trying JumboFrame support with some success, but not
      100%. With MTU 7500, which I figured out from the RTL-network driver
      source is somehow maximum, I could achieve approx. 12 MB/s speed while
      reading from LS.

      I've no experience with HDD spindown, but I think it should be
      possible with hdparm.

      Rolf