NFS and HDD Spindown on Linkstation

  • Lars
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2006
      Hello,

      I'm interested in a linkstation but would favor to have NFS filesystem
      and HDD spindown after some idle timeout.

      Has someone made experiences with e.g. Openlink to realize these features?

      Lars
    • ja1uyn
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 24, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Lars" <vonwedel@w...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I'm interested in a linkstation but would favor to have NFS filesystem
        > and HDD spindown after some idle timeout.
        >
        > Has someone made experiences with e.g. Openlink to realize these
        features?

        > Lars

        Hi,

        I'm using LS HD-HGLAN 250 and tried NFS on Openlink 0.52b first, but I
        didn't succeed. So I switched to FreeLink 1.11 where I had to compile
        a kernel and its modules first, to get NFS run.
        Currently I'm trying JumboFrame support with some success, but not
        100%. With MTU 7500, which I figured out from the RTL-network driver
        source is somehow maximum, I could achieve approx. 12 MB/s speed while
        reading from LS.

        I've no experience with HDD spindown, but I think it should be
        possible with hdparm.

        Rolf