Re: What's the best way to reload the linkstation os?

  • calvinlsc
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 22, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "c_dito" <c_dito@y...>
      wrote:
      > I flashed with v1.47 and it now works... but I can't telnet, the
      > message says:
      > Connecting To 192.168.21.109...Could not open connection to the
      > host, on port 23
      > : Connect failed
      > How do I enable the telnet daemon?

      1.47 doesn't have the telnet function.

      by this time you have 3 choices:

      1> Openlink will give you telnet and SSH
      2> Freelink will give you a debian
      3> 1.44 will give you a stock LS

      If you prefer choice 3, change the version number in
      linkstation_version.txt bundled in the 1.44 stock firmware to 1.48
      and it will allow you to flash with it.