Re: [LinkStation_General] Success with Source Code Control install (Perforce)

  • Derek Taubert
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2004
      On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 03:14:55PM -0000, mphoust2 wrote:
      > For those who care, I was able to get Perforce running on the
      > linkstation. Not too tough. It is much faster than the old laptop I
      > had running it. Now to get a backup USB drive :).
      >
      > Looks like my goal of a Source Code control appliance is within reach.
      >
      > BTW, Remember to upgrade to the 1.44 firmware to get telnet access.
      >
      > Next up is figuring out how to get the daemon to perforce startup
      > automatically on boot. Looks like it is time to get root access.
      >
      > It looks like /etc/rc.d directory on the hda1 is the one run at boot
      > time. Can anyone confirm this? I was a little concerned about the

      Yea, that's the one. If you have a script to start/stop p4d, I'd do the
      following:

      1) Plop that script into /etc/init.d.
      2) Symlink to it from both /etc/rc.d/rc2.d (S... for start) and
      /etc/rc.d/rc[06].d (K... for kill).

      Derek

      > ramdisk, but I can't tell if it boots from that, or the hda1
      > partition. If I figure it out, I will post...
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • mphoust2
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2004
        Ok, I got root access like your note on Roku Forums explained.

        Now, I need to get 'su' so I can start the daemon with the right user.
        I thought about using cron to check to see if the process is running
        or not and starting, but that seems like a pain.

        Any suggestions on how to get 'su'? How are you extracting them from
        the Yellowdog .rpm files? I turned off my other Linux machine, so I
        won't be able to run rpm2cpio easily (can be re-started if needed).

        No big hurry.

        Thanks again for your help.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Derek Taubert