debian.sh

  • mikewolf1mikewolf
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 16, 2006
      have anyone an debian.sh that thinks good

      have anyone full image that includes vnc etc.. ??? on debian
      for a new disk ??

      thanks
    • prb0x
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 17, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "mikewolf1mikewolf"
        <mikelone@g...> wrote:

        > have anyone an debian.sh that thinks good
        >
        > have anyone full image that includes vnc etc.. ??? on debian
        > for a new disk ??

        Actually that's a mighty fine idea.

        What's involved in creating a 'firmware' upgrade image that copies the
        required files over using the Buffalo loader?

        Cheers,
        Al
      • cherrytreeproduction
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 18, 2006
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "prb0x" <yahoo_ls@t...> wrote:

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "mikewolf1mikewolf"
          > <mikelone@g...> wrote:
          > >
          > > have anyone an debian.sh that thinks good
          > >
          > > have anyone full image that includes vnc etc.. ??? on debian
          > > for a new disk ??
          > >

          > Actually that's a mighty fine idea.
          >
          > What's involved in creating a 'firmware' upgrade image that copies the
          > required files over using the Buffalo loader?
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Al

          this shouldn`t be that hard. unpack the firmware with the right
          password, replace everything with the hda1-stuff of a working
          debianized Linkstation and then repack it.

          thats what freelink on www.linkstationwiki.org is about.

          regards
          -- mindbender

          PS: woher aus Österreich kommst du denn mikewolf? schöne grüße aus wien...
        • mikewolf1mikewolf
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 14, 2006
            <cherrytreeproduction@...> wrote:

            > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "prb0x" <yahoo_ls@t...>
            wrote:

            > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "mikewolf1mikewolf"
            > > <mikelone@g...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > have anyone an debian.sh that thinks good
            > > >
            > > > have anyone full image that includes vnc etc.. ??? on debian
            > > > for a new disk ??
            > > >

            > > Actually that's a mighty fine idea.
            > >
            > > What's involved in creating a 'firmware' upgrade image that
            copies the
            > > required files over using the Buffalo loader?
            > >
            > > Cheers,
            > > Al
            > >

            > this shouldn`t be that hard. unpack the firmware with the right
            > password, replace everything with the hda1-stuff of a working
            > debianized Linkstation and then repack it.
            >
            > thats what freelink on www.linkstationwiki.org is about.
            >
            > regards
            > -- mindbender
            >
            > PS: woher aus Österreich kommst du denn mikewolf? schöne grüße aus
            wien...

            please mindbender contact me mikewolf@...
            help me with my mipsel linkstation
            thanks
          • nurmi
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 23 2:32 PM

              Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 2:47 PM
              Subject: [LinkStation_General] Re: debian.sh

              --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "prb0x" <yahoo_ls@t...> wrote:

              > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "mikewolf1mikewolf"
              > <mikelone@g...> wrote:
              > >
              > > have anyone an debian.sh that thinks good
              > >
              > > have anyone full image that includes vnc etc.. ??? on debian
              > > for a new disk ??
              > >

              > Actually that's a mighty fine idea.
              >
              > What's involved in creating a 'firmware' upgrade image that copies the
              > required files over using the Buffalo loader?
              >
              > Cheers,
              > Al

              this shouldn`t be that hard. unpack the firmware with the right
              password, replace everything with the hda1-stuff of a working
              debianized Linkstation and then repack it.

              thats what freelink on www.linkstationwiki.org is about.

              regards
              -- mindbender

              PS: woher aus Österreich kommst du denn mikewolf? schöne grüße aus wien...

            • mikewolfmikel
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 23 2:46 PM
                --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "nurmi" <mikelone@...>
                wrote:

> [...]
                what must i do do write the files back to linksation beacuse i have
                the meassage no write permisson thanks !!