bug in cool & quiet script (AutoFan)?

  • scrubbydouglas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2006
      I've ported AutoFand and AutoFan to work on my LS2 (running busybox on
      mips). While doing the port it seems that there's a logic error in
      the original AutoFan script.

      When the disk is found to be in 'standby' mode and the fan is HIGH the
      script sleeps for 10 minutes to cool the HD before dropping the fan to
      LOW. OK, but what happens when the disk is accessed--and spins back
      up--during this 10 minute period? The AutoFan script should probably
      check the 'standby' state once again after the 10 minute sleep and
      only set the fan to LOW if it's still in 'standby' mode.