Alternative PCast Theme available

  • dielorenzos
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2006
      Just want to let you know, that I added an alternative PCast theme to
      the files section: MMCElookalike-de.zip. I created this theme for a
      LSII, which is attached to an Buffalo LinkTheater.
      Since I haven't received any response to my last posting regarding
      replacing a theme on a LSII, I'm not sure if there's much interest out
      there. So, this is just a german PAL 4:3 version for now.

      While playing around with the html files, I couldn't resolve three
      issues:

      1. How to increase the number of lines of the file/directory listing?
      (fixed to 10 line right now)
      2. How to increase the number of characters shown for a file/directory?
      (couldn't figure out how file names are truncated - rules?)

      In addition, I would be happy about some information regarding the <!--
      PCAST...> tags and the language code used in the conf file parameter
      (SJIS), since I have some trouble with displaying german characters.
      Although the settings in the date time setup is 'EU characters with
      EUR', these character are not displayed correctly.

      Martin.
    • gouldyis
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dielorenzos"
        <lorenzos@g...> wrote:

        > Just want to let you know, that I added an alternative PCast theme
        > the files section: MMCElookalike-de.zip. I created this theme for
        > LSII, which is attached to an Buffalo LinkTheater.
        > Since I haven't received any response to my last posting regarding
        > replacing a theme on a LSII, I'm not sure if there's much interest
        out
        > there. So, this is just a german PAL 4:3 version for now.
        >
        > While playing around with the html files, I couldn't resolve three
        > issues:
        >
        > 1. How to increase the number of lines of the file/directory
        listing?
        > (fixed to 10 line right now)
        > 2. How to increase the number of characters shown for a
        file/directory?
        > (couldn't figure out how file names are truncated - rules?)
        >
        > In addition, I would be happy about some information regarding the
        <!--
        > PCAST...> tags and the language code used in the conf file
        parameter
        > (SJIS), since I have some trouble with displaying german
        characters.
        > Although the settings in the date time setup is 'EU characters
        with
        > EUR', these character are not displayed correctly.
        >
        > Martin.

        Just put that on my LS2 and it looks really good on my Linktheater,
        apart from the German ofcourse!!

        Didn't see your last post, but I'm interested - any plans for any
        more? English ;)
      • dielorenzos
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2006
          Yes, I do have some other themes on my mind - now that I know how
          PCast works. I'd like to have a different arrangement of the list
          and maybe add thumbnails. But first I need to resolve the mentioned
          issues.
          I added another file to the files section (MMCElookalike Update
          english.zip), which includes english replacement files.

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "gouldyis"