Re: [LinkStation_General] SSH Tunnel Configuration (via dropbear?)

  • Thoralf Freitag
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2006

      a typical command on your remote pc is something like this

      ssh -L : : -L : : @s

      for example

      ssh -L2025:smtp.mail.yahoo.de:587 -L2110:pop.mail.yahoo.de:110 root@...

      to fetch or send mail, you have to configure at the mail-client localhost:20025 as smtp host and localhost:2110 as pop host, or the same for your streaming server.

      I know for putty is port forwarding easy to configure via session configure task.

      If you can reach your LS via ssh, there ist no other port forwarding by your router necessary und NOT recommended.

      TF

      rmfenerty wrote:
      Hi,

      Thanks to this group, the Wiki, and the remarkable Marc D. Field
      tutorial (which needs a Paypal donation link) I've configured my
      openlink .52b LS to run slimserver 6.21.  I have installed dropbear
      0.47, and can SSH to the LS via SecureCRT.

      Now, I'm trying to figure out how to setup a secure SSH tunnel so that
      I can listen to my music remotely.  Certainly I can forward some
      random port (perhaps 9022) to http://linkstation:22 via my router.
      And I know about dyndns.org.  So let's assume I'm ssh'd into my LS.
      Now what?

      - Does dropbear support an SSH tunnel?

      - How do I configure dropbear (or openssh if need be) to forward to
      slimserver?

      - Should I still point itunes to linkstation:9000/stream.mp3?

      Thanks,

      Robert