Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: World's dumbest error message.

  • KeepIt SimpleStupid
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 5, 2006
      I always thought the dumbest error was "Keyboard
      error, Depress any key to continue."

      Error handling takes time and uses lots of space
      compared to code.

      Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      dsl.yahoo.com
    • prb0x
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 6, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, KeepIt SimpleStupid
        <keepitsimplestupid@y...> wrote:

        > I always thought the dumbest error was "Keyboard
        > error, Depress any key to continue."

        Plug the keyboard in - press a key to continue.

        How is that dumb?
      • KeepIt SimpleStupid
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 6, 2006
          --- prb0x <yahoo_ls@...> wrote:

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, KeepIt
          > SimpleStupid
          > <keepitsimplestupid@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I always thought the dumbest error was "Keyboard
          > > error, Depress any key to continue."
          > >

          > Plug the keyboard in - press a key to continue.
          >
          > How is that dumb?

          You mean, plug a known good keyboard in and press a
          key to continue.

          If the keyboard is truly broken then pressing any key
          won't work, would it?

          http://mail.yahoo.com