Re: vnc freelink

  • prb0x
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Arias Hung <arias@m...> wrote:

      > On Wed, 04 Jan 2006, prb0x delivered in simple text monotype:
      >
      > >--- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "michael_harper75"
      > ><cain171562@g...> wrote:
      > >
      > >> Thanks for the help, I'm using ice window manager, I found out that
      > >> using firefox and a gui bitttorrent uses too much of the processor,
      > >> instead im using a CLI bit torrent client, transmission.
      > <---snip--->
      >

      > Are you guys crazy?!?
      >
      > The commandline ctorrent is the fastest bittorrent client under the sun.
      >
      > Written in c++, needs to be compiled for the kuro/linkstation but
      after it does, it absolutely flies.

      > Grab the cvs off sourceforge.

      There are four reasons not to use ctorrent:
      1) It doesn't update trackers
      2) It doesn't handle files over 2GB
      3) It doesn't update trackers
      4) It doesn't update trackers

      Okay so it's 2 reasons really but that one is important enough to be
      mentioned 3 times as it's pretty fundamental. No wonder it's fast if
      it's not doing half what other clients do.