Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: vnc freelink

  • Arias Hung
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2006
      On Wed, 04 Jan 2006, prb0x delivered in simple text monotype:

      >--- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "michael_harper75"
      ><cain171562@g...> wrote:
      >
      >> Thanks for the help, I'm using ice window manager, I found out that
      >> using firefox and a gui bitttorrent uses too much of the processor,
      >> instead im using a CLI bit torrent client, transmission.
      <---snip--->

      Are you guys crazy?!?

      The commandline ctorrent is the fastest bittorrent client under the sun.

      Written in c++, needs to be compiled for the kuro/linkstation but after it does, it absolutely flies.

      Grab the cvs off sourceforge.
    • prb0x
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 4, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Arias Hung <arias@m...> wrote:

        > On Wed, 04 Jan 2006, prb0x delivered in simple text monotype:
        >
        > >--- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "michael_harper75"
        > ><cain171562@g...> wrote:
        > >
        > >> Thanks for the help, I'm using ice window manager, I found out that
        > >> using firefox and a gui bitttorrent uses too much of the processor,
        > >> instead im using a CLI bit torrent client, transmission.
        > <---snip--->
        >

        > Are you guys crazy?!?
        >
        > The commandline ctorrent is the fastest bittorrent client under the sun.
        >
        > Written in c++, needs to be compiled for the kuro/linkstation but
        after it does, it absolutely flies.

        > Grab the cvs off sourceforge.

        There are four reasons not to use ctorrent:
        1) It doesn't update trackers
        2) It doesn't handle files over 2GB
        3) It doesn't update trackers
        4) It doesn't update trackers

        Okay so it's 2 reasons really but that one is important enough to be
        mentioned 3 times as it's pretty fundamental. No wonder it's fast if
        it's not doing half what other clients do.