Re: vnc freelink

  • prb0x
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "michael_harper75"
      <cain171562@g...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the help, I'm using ice window manager, I found out that
      > using firefox and a gui bitttorrent uses too much of the processor,
      > instead im using a CLI bit torrent client, transmission.

      Check out torrentflux

      you are best off with the beta:
      http://www.torrentflux.com/

      Plenty of support on the site. I run it with lighttpd and PHP5 which
      should have all you need. Though I'm going to look up transmission.

      Trouble is TorrentFlux use a python based client so it's a real memory
      hog.

      Hopefully someone might have done a web based GUI for transmission or
      maybe the TF and transmission guys would like to work together.

      Cheers,
      Al

      Cheers,
      Al
    • michael_harper75
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 4, 2006
        I put the binary for transmission in the files section of this forum.
        It's a mipsel binary.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "prb0x" <yahoo_ls@t...> wrote:

        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "michael_harper75"
        > <cain171562@g...> wrote:
        >
        > > Thanks for the help, I'm using ice window manager, I found out that
        > > using firefox and a gui bitttorrent uses too much of the processor,
        > > instead im using a CLI bit torrent client, transmission.
        > >

        > Check out torrentflux
        >
        > you are best off with the beta:
        > http://www.torrentflux.com/
        >
        > Plenty of support on the site. I run it with lighttpd and PHP5 which
        > should have all you need. Though I'm going to look up transmission.
        >
        > Trouble is TorrentFlux use a python based client so it's a real memory
        > hog.
        >
        > Hopefully someone might have done a web based GUI for transmission or
        > maybe the TF and transmission guys would like to work together.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Al
        >

        > Cheers,
        > Al

      • Arias Hung
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 4, 2006
          On Wed, 04 Jan 2006, prb0x delivered in simple text monotype:

          >--- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "michael_harper75"
          ><cain171562@g...> wrote:
          >
          >> Thanks for the help, I'm using ice window manager, I found out that
          >> using firefox and a gui bitttorrent uses too much of the processor,
          >> instead im using a CLI bit torrent client, transmission.
          <---snip--->

          Are you guys crazy?!?

          The commandline ctorrent is the fastest bittorrent client under the sun.

          Written in c++, needs to be compiled for the kuro/linkstation but after it does, it absolutely flies.

          Grab the cvs off sourceforge.
        • prb0x
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 4, 2006
            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Arias Hung <arias@m...> wrote:

            > On Wed, 04 Jan 2006, prb0x delivered in simple text monotype:
            >
            > >--- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "michael_harper75"
            > ><cain171562@g...> wrote:
            > >
            > >> Thanks for the help, I'm using ice window manager, I found out that
            > >> using firefox and a gui bitttorrent uses too much of the processor,
            > >> instead im using a CLI bit torrent client, transmission.
            > <---snip--->
            >

            > Are you guys crazy?!?
            >
            > The commandline ctorrent is the fastest bittorrent client under the sun.
            >
            > Written in c++, needs to be compiled for the kuro/linkstation but
            after it does, it absolutely flies.

            > Grab the cvs off sourceforge.

            There are four reasons not to use ctorrent:
            1) It doesn't update trackers
            2) It doesn't handle files over 2GB
            3) It doesn't update trackers
            4) It doesn't update trackers

            Okay so it's 2 reasons really but that one is important enough to be
            mentioned 3 times as it's pretty fundamental. No wonder it's fast if
            it's not doing half what other clients do.