Re: [LinkStation_General] attacked linkstation

  • Arias Hung
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2006
      On Tue, 03 Jan 2006, michael_harper75 delivered in simple text monotype:

      >I was just reading some logs and i found out that somebody from the IP
      >210.202.54.11 was trying to brute force ssh into my linkstation. I
      >was wondering what i could do send a message. Nmap reveals his ftp
      >and ssh ports are open as well. My password is pretty strong but, I
      >dont like it.

      You might wanna consider running ssh (or dropbear) on an unconventional port as well as port 22 imo is too conspicuous.

      I have dropbear, for instance running on 50,482. Not that anyone that's scanning on all 60,000 ports will necessarily miss it, but most do.