Re: My LS II makes "Disk-Check" noise every 5-10 mins .. Please help

  • silverscape_y
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2006
      > I'm relatively new to this group and just made my first experiences
      > with altering the LSII. Therefore, I'm not able to help you in this
      > case, unfortunately.
      > But, would you mind to send me the link to the
      > mentioned 'ultrafavours silence script'? If I understand correctly,
      > this is to control the fan speed and suitable for the MIPS LS
      > (firmware 2.5)? I just found the old PPC version.
      >
      > Thanx,
      > Martin.

      Hi,

      Thanks for your reply although you can't help me.

      You can find the forum thread for the silence script here:
      http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/3_169_0.html

      But you need openlink 52b firmware installed first.

      Now i will send my linkstation back to where i bought it because it is
      absolutely unusuable for me with this disk noise. My linkstation is in
      my living room and it is simply too loud.