Re: My LS II makes "Disk-Check" noise every 5-10 mins .. Please help

  • dielorenzos
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "silverscape_y"
      <silver_scape@h...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I have a brand new stock Linkstation II. I have already installed
      > Openlink 52b, Mipsel-Tools, Smartmon-Tools and ultrafavours
      silence
      > script for the fan (from LinkstationWiki).

      I'm relatively new to this group and just made my first experiences
      with altering the LSII. Therefore, I'm not able to help you in this
      case, unfortunately.
      But, would you mind to send me the link to the
      mentioned 'ultrafavours silence script'? If I understand correctly,
      this is to control the fan speed and suitable for the MIPS LS
      (firmware 2.5)? I just found the old PPC version.

      Thanx,
      Martin.
    • silverscape_y
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2006
        > I'm relatively new to this group and just made my first experiences
        > with altering the LSII. Therefore, I'm not able to help you in this
        > case, unfortunately.
        > But, would you mind to send me the link to the
        > mentioned 'ultrafavours silence script'? If I understand correctly,
        > this is to control the fan speed and suitable for the MIPS LS
        > (firmware 2.5)? I just found the old PPC version.
        >
        > Thanx,
        > Martin.

        Hi,

        Thanks for your reply although you can't help me.

        You can find the forum thread for the silence script here:
        http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/3_169_0.html

        But you need openlink 52b firmware installed first.

        Now i will send my linkstation back to where i bought it because it is
        absolutely unusuable for me with this disk noise. My linkstation is in
        my living room and it is simply too loud.