Re: Newbie questions: SlimServer on a Gigabit Linkstation

  • bikerx15
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 30, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Marc D. Field <yahoo@f...>
      wrote:

      > I would stick with the one you have, and if something fails, then
      think about finding the 1.45 that's intended for your model (in case
      the failure is something the update would fix). Most likely
      everything will go fine without upgrading the firmware.

      > Marc

      Thanks again for the help! I will give this a shot some time in the
      next few days when I can be sure that I won't have any distractions.

      Thanks,
      Robert
    • bikerx15
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 30, 2005
        Well, I tried to telnet into the HD-HG250 and I got the following:

        "Could not open connection to the host on port 23: Connect failed"

        Does this mean that telnet is not enabled on this Linkstation? Is
        there something else I should try before I break down and install
        Openlink?

        Thanks,
        Robert