Re: vnc, webmin freelink

  • jon_edney
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 27, 2005
      I had exactly the same problem. Firstly, make sure you are logged in
      as root (if your not prompted for a login, you should be ok),
      otherwise type "su" and enter the root password.

      Type:

      cd /usr/bin/X11
      vncserver -name BuffaloVNC -depth 16 -geometry 800x600

      Alternativly swap the top line with:

      set PATH=$PATH:/usr/bin/X11

      This will add the correct directory to the search path, but I don't
      know how to save this so you will have to do it each time.

      I have created a script called "vnc" in /bin with the two lines at
      the top of this message so I can just type "vnc" to start the server.

      Hope this helps.
      Jon.
    • michael_harper75
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 27, 2005
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jon_edney" <yahoo@e...>
        wrote:

        > I had exactly the same problem. Firstly, make sure you are logged in
        > as root (if your not prompted for a login, you should be ok),
        > otherwise type "su" and enter the root password.
        >
        > Type:
        >
        > cd /usr/bin/X11
        > vncserver -name BuffaloVNC -depth 16 -geometry 800x600
        >
        > Alternativly swap the top line with:
        >
        > set PATH=$PATH:/usr/bin/X11
        >
        > This will add the correct directory to the search path, but I don't
        > know how to save this so you will have to do it each time.
        >
        > I have created a script called "vnc" in /bin with the two lines at
        > the top of this message so I can just type "vnc" to start the server.
        >
        > Hope this helps.
        > Jon.

        Hey jon, thanks that did the trick, vnc works now, and the
        resolutionis better i guess it was the -geometry tag