LS1 - hard drive clicks

  • Sasha
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2005
      I few months ago I installed debian linux on LS1 on a brand new
      Seagate 400GB hard drive. It works fine, however I noticed that the
      hard drive makes a click every 10 minutes or so when the linkstation
      is idle. I was not paying much attention to this, but recently I
      read somewhere that clicking might be an indication that the
      hard drive is dying.

      Does anybody have an idea what the cause of clicks might be?
      Is it a defective hard drive, a bad cable, something in the
      linkstation, or something with linux configuration?

      Thank you.