Re: SOL VED-----My HG400LAN doesn't show any shares---help

  • tmlee44
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 21, 2005
      Thanks to everyone that gave some advice. I finally solved this
      stupid problem. The short version is that the "profile" of my anti-
      virus software was causing the problem!!!!

      I have another wireless laptop that connected to my Linkstation just
      fine.....it is also running XP, SP2 but us using McAfee's software.

      My laptop is running Trend Micro's PC-Cillan w/the "wireless
      profile". Once I changed my profile to "Home or Home Network",
      everything worked flawlessly!!!! Who knew?!!!

      I remember having this problem before where the PC in the "wireless"
      profile could not see the other Workgroup computers. Changed it
      to "home-home/network" although it was running wirelessly &
      everything worked. (arrgh....frustrating but solved)

      Terry

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "tmlee44" <tmlee44@y...>