Re: Anyone know if there are 3rd party uberfans that annihilate the stock fan in

  • Lala
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 21, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "prezet2005"
      <powell.lee.imac@g...> wrote:

      > Heres the site I got mine from, contact Paul and he'll be able to
      help...
      > http://www.hybridpc.co.uk/silenxfans.php
      >
      > Yes, the original fan is soldered to the power supply. it's really
      not hard, but get a needle
      > ended soldering iron and remove the wires from the original fan
      (only 3 small points).
      > Now, the silenX fans come connected to a male/female 3 pin
      connector, simply solder the
      > wire onto the end of the connector.

      I've noticed this particular model sunon fan that claims 8.3 cfm,
      which beats the silentx by 3.3cfm.

      http://store.yahoo.com/svcompucycle/kd1204pfb1-3-86.html

      Plus it's super cheap at $4. Course that's if you factor cooling more
      than noise factor which I do. I think I'm going to go with the sunon
      and see how it goes.