Re: Samba for MIPS

  • jhaveri
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2005
      I just downloaded samba 3.0.20b source, and compiled right out of the
      box. No errors. Oh, make one small change after you run .configure.
      In the Makefile, change PIDDIR = /var/run. It compiles and installs
      with no problem. Also, search the messages here with "samba README",
      and it has some instructions on how to make it work, mainly making a
      few simlynks for smbd etc. to /usr/local/samba.

      Give it a shot. It runs on my MIPS just fine. I did not even create a
      new smb.conf file.

      Bharat

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Nick Pappas
      <nwpappas@g...> wrote:

      > I'm also interested in upgrading my Samba on a MIPS LS. I've tried
      > compiling the latest version, but have had limited success. In my
      > latest attempt I get weird errors I never saw on previous compiles,
      so
      > I gave up. If someone is able to put together a pre-packaged Samba
      > upgrade, you would be hailed throughout the halls of history.
      >
      > On 12/18/05, jhaveri <jhaveri@y...> wrote:
      > > Are the Samba 3.0.9 and Swat binaries in the files section for
      PPC or