Adding a perl module

  • ianlawton68
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2004
      I'm trying to run a perl script that relies on the LWT package. Im
      now trying to install this package on my LinkStation. Im quite new
      to this. I tried running perl -MCPAN -e "install LWT" but that
      failed. What is the quickest way to install packages? And how can I
      tell how much diskspace I have left on my linkstation partitions
      from the bash prompt?

      Cheers

      Ian
    • Thom Mason
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2004
        Use df to see your partition usage. Get the binaries package from
        www.revogear.com to get a fully functional perl 5.6 or service the
        mailing list message archive to find out how to get perl 5.8.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "ianlawton68"
        <ianlawton68@h...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I'm trying to run a perl script that relies on the LWT package. Im
        > now trying to install this package on my LinkStation. Im quite new
        > to this. I tried running perl -MCPAN -e "install LWT" but that
        > failed. What is the quickest way to install packages? And how can
        > tell how much diskspace I have left on my linkstation partitions
        > from the bash prompt?
        >

        > Cheers
        >
        > Ian
      • ianlawton68
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2004
          Thanks Thom,
          Thats the problem I have already installed 5.8 but LWT musnt have
          been in it. Would I have to get a version of PMM compiled for the
          LinkStation if I wanted to use that?

          Ian

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Thom Mason"
          <t.e.mason@c...> wrote:

          > Use df to see your partition usage. Get the binaries package from
          > www.revogear.com to get a fully functional perl 5.6 or service the
          > mailing list message archive to find out how to get perl 5.8.
          >

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "ianlawton68"
          > <ianlawton68@h...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > > I'm trying to run a perl script that relies on the LWT package.
          Im
          > > now trying to install this package on my LinkStation. Im quite
          new
          > > to this. I tried running perl -MCPAN -e "install LWT" but that
          > > failed. What is the quickest way to install packages? And how
          can
          > > tell how much diskspace I have left on my linkstation partitions
          > > from the bash prompt?
          > >

          > > Cheers
          > >
          > > Ian
        • Iain Stevenson
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 5, 2004
            What's LWT? I just searched CPAN and it returned nothing! If the module
            is all in perl then you may be able to get away with copying it to an
            appropriate place in the Perl tree. If it contains C code then you need a
            version built on a Linkstation or a PPC system with similar libraries.

            Iain

            --On Sunday, December 5, 2004 3:40 pm +0000 ianlawton68
            <ianlawton68@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Thom,
            > Thats the problem I have already installed 5.8 but LWT musnt have
            > been in it. Would I have to get a version of PMM compiled for the
            > LinkStation if I wanted to use that?
            >
            > Ian
            >
            > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Thom Mason"
            > <t.e.mason@c...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Use df to see your partition usage. Get the binaries package from
            >> www.revogear.com to get a fully functional perl 5.6 or service the
            >> mailing list message archive to find out how to get perl 5.8.
            >>

            >> --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "ianlawton68"
            >> <ianlawton68@h...> wrote:
            >> >
            >> > Hi,
            >> > I'm trying to run a perl script that relies on the LWT package.
            > Im
            >> > now trying to install this package on my LinkStation. Im quite
            > new
            >> > to this. I tried running perl -MCPAN -e "install LWT" but that
            >> > failed. What is the quickest way to install packages? And how
            > can
            >> > tell how much diskspace I have left on my linkstation partitions
            >> > from the bash prompt?
            >> >

            >> > Cheers
            >> >
            >> > Ian
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links