Re: FTP server for Kuro Box

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 14, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "David Taylor"
      <dataylor@t...> wrote:

      > I want to add ftp serving to my Kuro (PPC). Anybody have any
      suggestions as
      > to which one? I'm looking for a basic FTP package that will
      compile on the
      > first try that doesn't use many resources. I need anonymous FTP as
      well as
      > authenticated with not more than about 2 users at a time.
      >
      > David Taylor

      I do have ProFTP running on my PPC machine. I think you can grab
      the binaries from Debian-Woody and they would just run. There might
      be a couple of dependent libraries you need to install however.

      ProFTP is also on the Linkstation "firmware" if you want to unpack
      one of them and dig it out, or someone like me can simply get it to
      you. I still have the original filesystem out, abandoned on my LS.
      I did an "ldd" on proftpd and got this:

      libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/libcrypt.so.1 (0x0ffb3000)
      libpam.so.0 => /lib/libpam.so.0 (0x0ff89000)
      libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x0fe3e000)
      libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x0fe1b000)
      /lib/ld.so.1 (0x30000000)

      so let us know what dependent libraries you also might need if you
      want us to send you anything.
    • David Taylor
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 14, 2005
        Thanks for the offer but I managed to get vsftpd running already. As I
        posted earlier, it compiled and ran on the first attempt. Now I just need to
        find the time to get it configured to my liking. Once that is done, I'll
        start on getting a mail server running.

        Thanks again for the help.

        David Taylor

        > I want to add ftp serving to my Kuro (PPC). Anybody have any
        suggestions as
        > to which one? I'm looking for a basic FTP package that will
        compile on the
        > first try that doesn't use many resources. I need anonymous FTP as
        well as
        > authenticated with not more than about 2 users at a time.
        >
        > David Taylor

        I do have ProFTP running on my PPC machine. I think you can grab
        the binaries from Debian-Woody and they would just run. There might
        be a couple of dependent libraries you need to install however.

        ProFTP is also on the Linkstation "firmware" if you want to unpack
        one of them and dig it out, or someone like me can simply get it to
        you. I still have the original filesystem out, abandoned on my LS.
        I did an "ldd" on proftpd and got this:

        libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/libcrypt.so.1 (0x0ffb3000)
        libpam.so.0 => /lib/libpam.so.0 (0x0ff89000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x0fe3e000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x0fe1b000)
        /lib/ld.so.1 (0x30000000)

        so let us know what dependent libraries you also might need if you
        want us to send you anything.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • roundajr2579
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 28, 2006
          Hi

          Im also a newbie to this and trying to make my way through this,
          however can anyone expand on what is meant by "Download the twonky
          script from the files section" as I cannot find this info??

          Thanks

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "gouldyis" <gouldyis@...>
          wrote:

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "waterman24560"
          > <malcolm_e_stewart@c...> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "gouldyis"
          > > <gouldyis@y...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "waterman24560"

          > > upgraded the

          > > > Create a folder via Ls webinterface called media
          > > > Then goto that folder and create a new folder called Server
          > > >
          > > > Put the correct twonkyvision (mediaserver for mips) in the
          Server