TFTP on LinkStation

  • jon_edney
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2005
      Hi,

      Has anyone managed to setup TFTP on their LS running OpenLink 052b
      (MIPS)? I've been trying, but without luck, I've downloaded the
      tftpd_0.17-12_mipsel.deb off the Debian website but dpkg refuses to
      extract/install it. I found posts on the internet advising me to
      create some directories for dpkg (which I have done) but now I am
      getting:

      root@STORE01:/var/lib/dpkg# dpkg -iu -F
      depends /mnt/hda/share/tftpd_0.17-12_mipel.deb
      Unpacking tftpd (from /mnt/hda/share/tftpd_0.17-12_mipsel.deb) ...
      Setting up tftpd (0.17-12) ...
      /var/lib/dpkg/info/tftpd.postinst: incorrect arguments:
      dpkg: postrm failure.. set status to what?

      Anyone any ideas? I suspect this might only be the start of my
      problems, I'm having to override the dependency checker because to
      get the install to work. Goodness only knows what I will have to
      install after this to get it to work! The dependency checker
      complains about modules which are already installed not existing so I
      can't rely on it.

      I hope all that makes sense?

      Thanks for any help.
      Jon.
    • jon_edney
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 15, 2005
        Fixed it by using dpkg-dev to extract the .deb files and then cp'ed the
        files from the extraction to the /etc /sbin and /lib directories.

        There must be an easier way though!?