Re: [LinkStation_General] Need major help

  • James Ronald
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2005
      > As some of you may or may not know there has been major issues with
      > the HG300 lately. Basically they have been bricking with any firmware,
      > even the buffalo firmware. Myself and quite a few others over at the
      > linkstationwiki are kind of at a stand still. To be honest all i
      > really want is telnet access so i can install twonky. However if i can
      > not use openlink to gain telnet access it seems i am at an Impass. I
      > can live without all the other features of openlink, like i said my
      > main concern is getting twonky running on my Hg300. Is there any other
      > possible way? Any help would be appreciated. I currently have firmware
      > 1.34. Cheers.

      I would install debian using the how-to instructions in the files area. My
      guess would be that file system checking is turned on and that it does not
      complete before the watch dog time times out or something similar. The
      debian instructions specify using tune2fs to turn off file checking. You
      could also purchase a 160MB drive for about $39.00 after rebate these days
      and try that. At least until buffalo figures out what they're doing.

      JR