don't know what to do

  • sonjoy_ganguly
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2005
      i have 2 LS 120gb drives. One is v1.30, the other is v2.00. I would
      like to install TwonkyVision on one so I can remotely access from my
      Roku without turning on my PC.

      I don't know how to get started. I don't know if i have the right
      firmware or anything about telnet or how to even access telnet on
      these drives. can someone provide me some assistance?

      thanks
    • gouldyis
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2005
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "sonjoy_ganguly"
        <sonjoy_ganguly@y...> wrote:

        > i have 2 LS 120gb drives. One is v1.30, the other is v2.00. I would
        > like to install TwonkyVision on one so I can remotely access from my
        > Roku without turning on my PC.
        >
        > I don't know how to get started. I don't know if i have the right
        > firmware or anything about telnet or how to even access telnet on
        > these drives. can someone provide me some assistance?
        >
        > thanks

        I would use the LS1, you can keep the stock firmware (1.45) has
        telnet access and install twonky on that one. Download the firmware
        from here :

        http://linkstationwiki.org/downloads/stock_firmware/HD-HLAN_FW1.45_13.zip

        Its all pretty simple as you can read in many posts here.

        Create a folder via Ls webinterface called media
        Then goto that folder and create a new folder called Server

        Put the correct twonkyvision (mediaserver for ppc) in the Server folder.

        Download the twonky script from the files section

        Put that script in your Linkstations share folder.

        Open up a telnet session, then I reckon you can just copy and paste
        each line at a time into telnet:

        cp /mnt/hda/share/twonky /etc/init.d/twonky

        chmod 777 /etc/init.d/twonky

        cd /etc/init.d/

        ./twonky restart

        If that doesn't say something about stopping pids and waiting then
        stop there. Otherwise copy the rest

        cd /etc/rc.d/rc2.d

        ln -s /etc/init.d/twonky S99twonky

        cd /etc/rc.d/rc6.d

        ln -s /etc/init.d/twonky K92twonky

        cd /etc/rc.d/rc0.d

        ln -s /etc/init.d/twonky K92twonky

        shutdown -r now
        ----------
        See if it works

        You'll get a red screen if you try to connect to the twonky
        webinterface (if you've got that far) the .ini file thats created in
        the Server folder needs 'enableweb=2'

        Hope that helps you
      • gouldyis
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 10, 2005
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "gouldyis" <gouldyis@y...>
          wrote:

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "sonjoy_ganguly"
          > <sonjoy_ganguly@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > i have 2 LS 120gb drives. One is v1.30, the other is v2.00. I would
          > > like to install TwonkyVision on one so I can remotely access from my
          > > Roku without turning on my PC.
          > >
          > > I don't know how to get started. I don't know if i have the right
          > > firmware or anything about telnet or how to even access telnet on
          > > these drives. can someone provide me some assistance?
          > >
          > > thanks
          > >
          > I would use the LS1, you can keep the stock firmware (1.45) has
          > telnet access and install twonky on that one. Download the firmware
          > from here :

          http://linkstationwiki.org/downloads/stock_firmware/HD-HLAN_FW1.45_13.zip

          > Its all pretty simple as you can read in many posts here.
          >
          > Create a folder via Ls webinterface called media
          > Then goto that folder and create a new folder called Server
          >
          > Put the correct twonkyvision (mediaserver for ppc) in the Server folder.
          >
          > Download the twonky script from the files section
          >
          > Put that script in your Linkstations share folder.
          >
          > Open up a telnet session, then I reckon you can just copy and paste
          > each line at a time into telnet:
          >

          > cp /mnt/hda/share/twonky /etc/init.d/twonky
          >
          > chmod 777 /etc/init.d/twonky
          >
          > cd /etc/init.d/
          >
          > ./twonky restart
          >
          > If that doesn't say something about stopping pids and waiting then
          > stop there. Otherwise copy the rest
          >
          > cd /etc/rc.d/rc2.d
          >
          > ln -s /etc/init.d/twonky S99twonky
          >
          > cd /etc/rc.d/rc6.d
          >
          > ln -s /etc/init.d/twonky K92twonky
          >
          > cd /etc/rc.d/rc0.d
          >
          > ln -s /etc/init.d/twonky K92twonky
          >
          > shutdown -r now
          > See if it works
          >
          > You'll get a red screen if you try to connect to the twonky
          > webinterface (if you've got that far) the .ini file thats created in
          > the Server folder needs 'enableweb=2'
          >
          > Hope that helps you

          ooooops got the first line wrong:

          cp /mnt/hda/share/twonky /etc/init.d/twonky

          should read

          cp /mnt/share/twonky /etc/init.d/twonky