FTP server for Kuro Box

  • David Taylor
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 10, 2005
      I want to add ftp serving to my Kuro (PPC). Anybody have any suggestions as
      to which one? I'm looking for a basic FTP package that will compile on the
      first try that doesn't use many resources. I need anonymous FTP as well as
      authenticated with not more than about 2 users at a time.

      David Taylor
    • David Taylor
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 11, 2005
        Never mind. Vsftpd works. If you 'emerge -g vsftpd' it will install in about
        2 minutes as there is a binary available.

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 14, 2005
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "David Taylor"
          <dataylor@t...> wrote:

          > I want to add ftp serving to my Kuro (PPC). Anybody have any
          suggestions as
          > to which one? I'm looking for a basic FTP package that will
          compile on the
          > first try that doesn't use many resources. I need anonymous FTP as
          well as
          > authenticated with not more than about 2 users at a time.
          >
          > David Taylor

          I do have ProFTP running on my PPC machine. I think you can grab
          the binaries from Debian-Woody and they would just run. There might
          be a couple of dependent libraries you need to install however.

          ProFTP is also on the Linkstation "firmware" if you want to unpack
          one of them and dig it out, or someone like me can simply get it to
          you. I still have the original filesystem out, abandoned on my LS.
          I did an "ldd" on proftpd and got this:

          libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/libcrypt.so.1 (0x0ffb3000)
          libpam.so.0 => /lib/libpam.so.0 (0x0ff89000)
          libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x0fe3e000)
          libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x0fe1b000)
          /lib/ld.so.1 (0x30000000)

          so let us know what dependent libraries you also might need if you
          want us to send you anything.
        • David Taylor
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 14, 2005
            Thanks for the offer but I managed to get vsftpd running already. As I
            posted earlier, it compiled and ran on the first attempt. Now I just need to
            find the time to get it configured to my liking. Once that is done, I'll
            start on getting a mail server running.

            Thanks again for the help.

            David Taylor

            > I want to add ftp serving to my Kuro (PPC). Anybody have any
            suggestions as
            > to which one? I'm looking for a basic FTP package that will
            compile on the
            > first try that doesn't use many resources. I need anonymous FTP as
            well as
            > authenticated with not more than about 2 users at a time.
            >
            > David Taylor

            I do have ProFTP running on my PPC machine. I think you can grab
            the binaries from Debian-Woody and they would just run. There might
            be a couple of dependent libraries you need to install however.

            ProFTP is also on the Linkstation "firmware" if you want to unpack
            one of them and dig it out, or someone like me can simply get it to
            you. I still have the original filesystem out, abandoned on my LS.
            I did an "ldd" on proftpd and got this:

            libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/libcrypt.so.1 (0x0ffb3000)
            libpam.so.0 => /lib/libpam.so.0 (0x0ff89000)
            libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x0fe3e000)
            libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x0fe1b000)
            /lib/ld.so.1 (0x30000000)

            so let us know what dependent libraries you also might need if you
            want us to send you anything.

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • roundajr2579
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 28, 2006
              Hi

              Im also a newbie to this and trying to make my way through this,
              however can anyone expand on what is meant by "Download the twonky
              script from the files section" as I cannot find this info??

              Thanks

              --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "gouldyis" <gouldyis@...>
              wrote:

              > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "waterman24560"
              > <malcolm_e_stewart@c...> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "gouldyis"
              > > <gouldyis@y...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "waterman24560"

              > > upgraded the

              > > > Create a folder via Ls webinterface called media
              > > > Then goto that folder and create a new folder called Server
              > > >
              > > > Put the correct twonkyvision (mediaserver for mips) in the
              Server