Re: Accessing Chinese (unicode) filesnames from Macintosh

  • leebengkwee
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2005
      Hi Steven,

      You can try your luck by changing the character code, under, Basic-
      >date and time-> character code.

      BK.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "stevenalee"
      <stevenalee@y...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > Need some help here. I have moved some files with Chinese names to
      the
      > linkstation but if I use my Mac to access them, all I see are
      strange
      > characters (for the filenames). But if I use Mac to access those
      files
      > from the PC directly, they are fine. Also linkstation from PC are
      also
      > okay.
      > I have already set the character coding at the LInkstation page.
      >
      > Anyone knows how to fix this??? Many many thanks.
      >
      > Steven

    • stannusw
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2005
        I've this problem from my XP reading chinese name file on LS
        previously even I had set the character code on LS. The problem is
        reside on XP, after I set my english XP capable to read Chinese in
        Big5, problem solved. So I guees the way LS saved Chinese in not
        Unicode.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "leebengkwee"
        <minggui@p...> wrote:

        > Hi Steven,
        >
        > You can try your luck by changing the character code, under, Basic-
        > >date and time-> character code.
        >
        > BK.
        >
        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "stevenalee"
        > <stevenalee@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > > Need some help here. I have moved some files with Chinese names
        > the
        > > linkstation but if I use my Mac to access them, all I see are
        > strange
        > > characters (for the filenames). But if I use Mac to access those
        > files
        > > from the PC directly, they are fine. Also linkstation from PC
        are
        > also
        > > okay.
        > > I have already set the character coding at the LInkstation page.
        > >
        > > Anyone knows how to fix this??? Many many thanks.
        > >
        > > Steven

      • hkechung
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2005
          I can read all the "international" character in XP without any
          problem... However, using MAC or Xbox... I can't read it at all.

          Will firmware 2.06 help ?

          Edwin

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "stannusw"