Accessing Chinese (unicode) filesnames from Macintosh

  • stevenalee
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2005
      Need some help here. I have moved some files with Chinese names to the
      linkstation but if I use my Mac to access them, all I see are strange
      characters (for the filenames). But if I use Mac to access those files
      from the PC directly, they are fine. Also linkstation from PC are also
      okay.
      I have already set the character coding at the LInkstation page.

      Anyone knows how to fix this??? Many many thanks.

      Steven
    • leebengkwee
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2005
        Hi Steven,

        You can try your luck by changing the character code, under, Basic-
        >date and time-> character code.

        BK.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "stevenalee"
        <stevenalee@y...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > Need some help here. I have moved some files with Chinese names to
        the
        > linkstation but if I use my Mac to access them, all I see are
        strange
        > characters (for the filenames). But if I use Mac to access those
        files
        > from the PC directly, they are fine. Also linkstation from PC are
        also
        > okay.
        > I have already set the character coding at the LInkstation page.
        >
        > Anyone knows how to fix this??? Many many thanks.
        >
        > Steven

      • stannusw
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2005
          I've this problem from my XP reading chinese name file on LS
          previously even I had set the character code on LS. The problem is
          reside on XP, after I set my english XP capable to read Chinese in
          Big5, problem solved. So I guees the way LS saved Chinese in not
          Unicode.

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "leebengkwee"
          <minggui@p...> wrote:

          > Hi Steven,
          >
          > You can try your luck by changing the character code, under, Basic-
          > >date and time-> character code.
          >
          > BK.
          >
          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "stevenalee"
          > <stevenalee@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > > Need some help here. I have moved some files with Chinese names
          > the
          > > linkstation but if I use my Mac to access them, all I see are
          > strange
          > > characters (for the filenames). But if I use Mac to access those
          > files
          > > from the PC directly, they are fine. Also linkstation from PC
          are
          > also
          > > okay.
          > > I have already set the character coding at the LInkstation page.
          > >
          > > Anyone knows how to fix this??? Many many thanks.
          > >
          > > Steven

        • hkechung
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2005
            I can read all the "international" character in XP without any
            problem... However, using MAC or Xbox... I can't read it at all.

            Will firmware 2.06 help ?

            Edwin

            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "stannusw"