Where to start (for mt-daapd on HG300)
- Hello, apologies in advance if I have missed the obvious. I have
looked about on this group and at the linkstation wiki but I can't
find a simple and definitive guide on how to take a HG series
linkstation (I have a HG300) and get it to the point where it runs
From what I have read it seems the steps are
1. Flash to latest Openlink
2. Download PPC daapd binaries to PC and copy across to Linkstation
3. Install mt-daapd as described in the daap project at Linkstation wiki.
I'm unsure on a couple of points.
1. Are the latest Freelink/Openlink packages safe to use on the HG300?
I have seen some recent posts by folks who have flashed using
Open/Freelink on the HG300 and who have been left with an unresponsive
2. Do you need to add installing the dev tools at some point in the
process? If so how do you do this? Do you need to do this for binaries
- as opposed to compiling your own?
I really couldn't find a page anywhere on how to start, there are a
couple of entries on the wiki on how to install mt-daapd from the kuro
box code but they are marked as out of date.
If anyone could help out with a fool proof starting out guide I would
be most grateful.