Re: Kurobox with blown power supply

  • Eirik Dentz
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 20, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "James Stewart" <wartstew@y...> wrote:

      > Believe it or not, the damage probably stopped at the power supply.
      > It probably stopped at the switcher side of it as well (the parts on
      > the side of the little transformer where the capacitors blew up),
      > which is just a few parts in case you feel like fixing it.
      >
      > Also you could "kludge" in an external power supply such as an old PC
      > power supply since all you need is a well regulated +5 and +12 volts
      > to run the Link station.

      Thanks very much for the response. I did some googling and came up with this page:
      http://kuroboxhg.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13
      Which seems to indicate that it might be possible to get a replacement power supply that
      would handle 240V and enable me to avoid the need for a converter in the future,
      assuming that the damage did stop at the power supply.

      Anyone else tried replacing the power supply in a Kurobox and/or know of a source for
      these other than Unifive, where I might be able to just buy one? Otherwise is there any
      interest for putting together a group buy, or something like that?

      Thanks

      Eirik